What to Do After a Car Accident
Get in Touch with a Fresno Personal Injury Attorney Today
When you find yourself involved in a vehicle collision, follow the steps below. These can provide guidance in a challenging situation and are also beneficial in the event that you need to seek compensation for the injuries that you suffered.
- Get Treated: If you have been injured your health is the main concern. You may require emergency treatment and if that is the case, anything having to do with your case can wait. Even if you don't have any obvious injuries, you should still be looked at by a medical professional. Not all injuries are evident immediately after an accident.
- Write Down Evidence: While it can be challenging to take the time to take down evidence in the midst of an accident, this can be extremely beneficial for you later. Many people find that they have trouble remembering details later so if you take them down while you are there it can make sure you have an accurate account. Write down what you remember, take down witness information and draw what happened at the accident. If you have a camera with you, take pictures of the scene of the accident, including the damage to the vehicles.
- Exchange information: Get the contact information of the other driver, passenger witnesses. You also want to get the drivers insurance information, their driver's license number and license plate number.
- Keep record of costs: An accident can lead to a lot of expenses and you don't want something to get lost in the middle of everything. Make sure that you record the costs so that this can be included when seeking compensation.
- Call an Attorney: Get in touch with a Fresno personal injury as soon as possible.
Sawl Law Group: Over 20 Years of Experience
If you are seeking compensation you want to have capable representation on your case as soon as possible. An attorney can assess the details of your case, begin investigations, build a case for compensation, negotiate with insurance companies, and litigate if necessary to get the desired results. Call our office today to speak with an experienced attorney about your case.