Car Accident FAQ

After a car accident, you probably have a lot of questions running through your mind. Browse through the answers to some common car accident questions below to get started, but be sure to reach out to a Fresno car accident attorney from Sawl Law Group if you've been injured in a crash. Our team is prepared to help you step by step as you file a car accident claim and seek compensation. Our lawyers can help you recover fair compensation for your damages. Call (866) 701-0327today to get started!

Do I need to make a report with the police?

It is good to get an official police report and you also want a copy for your own records. The police may arrive on the scene of the accident and start this process on their own or else you can call in to make the report if the incident is not severe enough that they need to come.

Should I discuss who was at fault?

You don't want to discuss who was at fault and you also want to be careful what you say in general. It can be easy to say something you don't mean or that can get twisted. Wait to speak with your attorney and they can handle dealing with who is at fault.

When do I contact a car accident attorney?

You want to get in touch with your Fresno personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. They can get started immediately looking into the accident, speaking with any witnesses or even using a reconstruction expert if needed. They are there during the negotiations to also make sure that you are not taking a settlement that is less than you should.

Do I need an attorney after a car accident?

Having an attorney can be a considerable benefit in these cases. You have enough to focus on if you have been injured and an attorney can look out for your interests. They can make sure that you are not being taken advantage of and that the compensation includes the current and future expenses of the accident.

What if the other driver is uninsured?

Many times people are involved in an accident where the other driver is either uninsured or underinsured. There may still be options and you are encouraged to speak with an attorney about the options that you have. .